Location: Netherlands, Breda
We are looking for an experienced and creative senior system designer to join our team and help drive the design of our next AAA game. As a senior system designer, you will be responsible for overseeing and mentoring the system design team, as well as designing, developing, and balancing the core gameplay systems and mechanics that make our games fun and engaging. You will work closely with the game director, other designers, programmers, artists, and testers to ensure the quality and consistency of our games.
- As well as design and implement the core gameplay systems and mechanics that make the games fun and engaging
- expected to have expert knowledge of game design principles and techniques, as well as
- experience in leading or mentoring other designers.
- Design and integrate game systems such as combat, progression, economy, crafting, quests, etc.
- Pitch and present game design ideas to stakeholders and clients
- Assist in managing the system design team, providing feedback and guidance
- Create and maintain design documentation and prototypes for game systems
- Tune and balance game systems based on feedback and data analysis
- Collaborate with the game director, other designers, programmers, artists, and testers to ensure the game vision is met
- Research and analyze current trends and best practices in game, economy and monetisation design
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, computer science, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as an game system designer or similar role
- Proficient in using Unreal
- Strong knowledge of game design principles and techniques
- Ability to create clear and concise design documentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Passion for action games and game development